Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What do you think of my poem "Racing Shoes?"?

--Racing Shoes





My old shoes are lovely


I carry them in a pillow case


When I feel lonely


I take them out and race





Sometimes I race against bikes


Sometimes against cars


With both of those I lose


But I always win with stars

What do you think of my poem %26quot;Racing Shoes?%26quot;?
It reads like a riddle there is form to it. Wonder what old shoes, they are! With them you lose against man made modes of locomotion;bikes and cars but against the stars you win. Mmm!


.
Reply:Hmm, I am puzzled by the first line and the last line. I suppose the first line means they are lovely to you. The last line I am thinking do you mean stars like when children get a gold foil star for achieving something, or do you mean stars like celebrities?



koffice

No comments:

Post a Comment